Businesses and customers are still searching local.
In a previous article about SEO techniques we mentioned one of the “Offsite” elements, that being Local Directories. “Local” Directory Services are still used extensively by people or businesses when searching, so it is prudent to take every opportunity and get relevant quality back links to your sites and listings. This is crucial for these directory services in order to appear in the Search Engine Result Pages (serps), however we must add that one should not use any old directory service! We do our homework and investigate the pagerank or page authority of these directory services, we look for a minimum PR3 or page authority of 30 (the page ranking). Google penalized many of these directory services a few years ago and stripped them of their rankings as they came to be seen as nothing more than “Link Farms”.
Local Business Directories
Local business directories can be a valuable and often overlooked source of traffic and links. As Google continues to roll out “Universal Search” results, one can see that they are becoming very regionalized.
One of the many benefits of submitting to local business directories includes:
Local Brand Recognition: Good brands tend to be well established, which is reflected in their Page Authority or Page Rank. They are not usually targeted by optimizers, which helps to create a unique profile and increase recognition amongst a growing customer base. It is important to establish your brand in the local market and build trust with the businesses (in your targeted directory) and consumers that support you.
- Tip: Some listings are free of charge and you’ll also benefit from local human traffic. Submit to and take advantage of these free listings increasing your ROI and benefiting your budget.
Google is once again the logical starting point when we go hunting for local directories, we take our time and are thorough. It is key to start really local and then broaden the search circle to include local towns or cities and then the county.
- Tip: Remember always make notes (a log) of the dates of your submission as well as the URL to the listing. Keep all your data on a spreadsheet for ease of use.
We hope that you have found this article useful, but remember, we can do all of this for you and give you the time to manage your business. Give us a call today to find out more.
Howzit Media Marketing is a Creative Marketing Agency based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We specialize in Marketing, Online Marketing, Branding, SEO and Social Media Consulting.
Onsite and Offsite SEO Techniques (Search Engine Optimization) play an important role in Online Marketing.
They are techniques that really go “back to the basics” on some level, when it comes to marketing your your Business online.
Onsite SEO Techniques
Onsite SEO techniques are those which the name suggests “Onsite“, they include some of the following.
- Web standard compliant website or platform.
- Correct canonical redirects in place.
- Inclusion of rich snippets.
- Site to be at least mobile friendly, responsive is better.
- Inclusion of social media buttons.
- Correct usage of H1-H6 headers and the suitable keyword content at all levels.
- All images to have descriptive alt tags filled in.
- Fast page load speed.
- High Quality Unique content.
- Clearly discernible architecture for the sales funnel.
- Set language.
- Include some form of analytics.
- We still like to use all Meta data and Meta tags where possible.
Offsite SEO Techniques and Requirements
Offsite SEO, in terms of the SEO consultant, is ensuring that a level of reputation management is maintained as well as the standards of the offsite content that is distributed. “Offsite” SEO requirements would be some of the following.
- Social media platform integration within your bracket of influence, these should currently include at a minimum, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Offsite Blogging Platforms.
- Local Directory Services.
- Forum Posts.
- Link monitoring.
- Regular and consistent posting of high quality material.
- Analytics tracking
As you can see there are a number of aspects to consider and monitor when it comes to using SEO to promote your online business, hence the requirement for a strict regiment of posting and monitoring. These are a few of the items that we, your SEO consultant or SEO agency will undertake for you.
For more information about Offsite SEO services and targeting local businesses click here
Marketing can be a very broad term to some clients who do not have experience or exposure to some of the services the term entails. Whilst doing some research on the term “Marketing” related to what an international client would be looking for when Marketing in the US online web space, it soon became apparent that this was no easy task. (more…)
4. Good Intentions – Make your content work for you, not against you.
In our previous three articles on online content marketing, we cover a number of different areas to consider when reviewing your content, and how you intend to use it to market to clients and business’s in your area. Ask yourself these questions… (more…)
Howzit Fort Lauderdale and all our readers! We are back again for Part 2 of our 4 part series on Online Content Marketing and in this case, we touch on SEO and when used properly can drive your content to your target market.