Onsite and Offsite SEO Techniques (Search Engine Optimization) play an important role in Online Marketing.
They are techniques that really go “back to the basics” on some level, when it comes to marketing your your Business online.
Onsite SEO Techniques
Onsite SEO techniques are those which the name suggests “Onsite“, they include some of the following.
- Web standard compliant website or platform.
- Correct canonical redirects in place.
- Inclusion of rich snippets.
- Site to be at least mobile friendly, responsive is better.
- Inclusion of social media buttons.
- Correct usage of H1-H6 headers and the suitable keyword content at all levels.
- All images to have descriptive alt tags filled in.
- Fast page load speed.
- High Quality Unique content.
- Clearly discernible architecture for the sales funnel.
- Set language.
- Include some form of analytics.
- We still like to use all Meta data and Meta tags where possible.
Offsite SEO Techniques and Requirements
Offsite SEO, in terms of the SEO consultant, is ensuring that a level of reputation management is maintained as well as the standards of the offsite content that is distributed. “Offsite” SEO requirements would be some of the following.
- Social media platform integration within your bracket of influence, these should currently include at a minimum, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Offsite Blogging Platforms.
- Local Directory Services.
- Forum Posts.
- Link monitoring.
- Regular and consistent posting of high quality material.
- Analytics tracking
As you can see there are a number of aspects to consider and monitor when it comes to using SEO to promote your online business, hence the requirement for a strict regiment of posting and monitoring. These are a few of the items that we, your SEO consultant or SEO agency will undertake for you.
For more information about Offsite SEO services and targeting local businesses click here